KORA is our initiative aimed at children aged 0-16. With this program, we present dance and choreography to children from nurseries, kindergartens, and schools. We collaborate with municipalities throughout the country, meaning that more than 15,000 children annually get the opportunity to experience one of our interactive and high-quality performances.
In season 2022/23, KORA offers:
- 17,000 children and youngsters aged 0-16 an embodied encounter with dance and choreography
- 500 performances in child-care centers and schools
- 38 professional artists the chance to perform their shows in front of a large audience
- 14 municipalities the opportunity to provide children with a cultural experience
We select and support small teams of professional artists who create interactive performances for children aged 0-16. What all performances have in common is the fact that they have been developed specifically for nurseries, kindergartens, and schools, and that they involve the audience who become co-creators of the experience.
“It is the experience of simultaneously being a spectator and a co-creator of a show. The students were spellbound from beginning to end.”
– Middle school teacher, Skolen i Bymidten, Helsingør.
We believe that children and youngsters are entitled to and need to encounter art in their daily lives. Experiencing professional dance and choreography helps them to expand their understanding of how they may interact with their surroundings. In this way, the encounter of children and youths with professional dance and choreography can provide significant and sensual input to the formation of their personal identity.
KORA is supported by the Danish Arts Foundation.
KORA – dance for the youngest is supported by the Nordea Foundation until December 31st, 2022.